Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Why i became an EP mom?

Everyone has their own reasons, medical or not and i have mine. In the earlier months, they would scream and cry after most direct feed and i had to gave in to topping up with formula. I was struggling with confidence issues, even when i had Iris back then. And now with twins, the lack of confidence just got worse and i felt defeated. I felt useless for not being able to satisfy my babies' hunger.

So i thought that if i regularly pump, my milk supply with increase and i will know how much my babies have taken at each session, so no more confidence issue. 2 months plus now since i started, i'm still having to top up with formula, though i'd like to think at much less frequency than during the earlier months.

If my milk supply hasn't tremendously improved, i only have myself to blame. Through this journey and experience, i have learned 3 things....hardwork (usaha), pray to Allah (doa & tawakkal) and acceptance of whatever He gives to you (redha). But perhaps i haven't given 100% to all 3 and that's why i'm still supplementing with formula.

What keeps me going is the will to give whatever breastmilk i still have to my babies....some breastmilk is better than no breastmilk at all, right? I want to keep going...keep pumping. Yeah its tough, like for the past 2-3 weeks, in laws were around, long distance trips etc has made my pumping routine gone haywire. And as a result, i could see my supply dwindling. Yet i can't give up....i still have a long way to go.

I wonder how other EP moms out there manage their routine when they go out??

No comments:

Post a Comment