Saturday, October 29, 2011

My pumping so far......

Amidst the daily chaos of taking care of the twins, i've managed to pump according to plan, although sometimes, things don't actually go as planned. I try to pump every 2.5 to 3 hours from around 7am to about 11pm every day, which means i usually pump between 5-6 times a day. Of course i was told that an exclusive pumper (is there even such a term?) should be pumping AT LEAST 8 times a day. Well, as usual, that means i'm still short. But hey, what's new huh?

I've been telling myself to wake up at 3am and 5am to make up for the 2 additional pumping sessions but it seems that once i put my head on the pillow, i'm gone. Can't hear a thing...and the fact that the twins now wake up for feeds, on most nights, only once around 4am-5am, makes it even difficult for me to wake up. Am i giving myself excuses???

Really need to do something about my energy level and stamina. After a whole day of taking care of the twins and doing house chores, i can barely open my eyes at the end of the day. The last pumping session at around 11pm is the hardest...especially when everyone else is already in bed but i'm still up pumping away.

I've started taking Shaklee's OsteMatrix to help boost my milk production for about 1 week now..so far, can see some improvement, sometimes.....there are good days and bad days. The difference now is that on a good day, previously i get only around 3oz but now i can get 4oz. I know i know.....still nothing to shout about, but i'll take every additional oz i can get, you know what i mean???



And so the journey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment