Thursday, October 13, 2011

My new pumping schedule

2 nights ago, i finally figured out why my stock was always running low when i "thought" i have made enough stock to go around..duh! That's because i'm always in a what i call a "3 pack deficit". Basically, my twins feed between 7-10 times a day each (depending) and at the moment, i'm only able to provide them BM for 3 feeds and the rest is supplemented with FM. That's because based on my current pumping schedule which every 3-4 hours with 3-4oz per session, i only get 3-4 packs of 4oz a day.

Obviously not enough to top up the stocks which were used up during the day huh? Not rocket science right...but i wonder why i took this long to figure it out!

I've realised that by providing 8 packs total to them (about 4 feeds each), i can pretty much provide BM them from 8am to 7pm each day and the rest of the day can be supplemented with FM. Not bad i thought...especially for someone like me who don't have the luxury of BM overflowing!

So my new schedule will basically look like this...i will pump every 2 hours at 7-8am, 9-10am, 11am-12pm, 1-2pm, 3-4pm, 5-6pm, 7-8pm, 9-10pm, 11pm-12am, 1-2am, 3-4am...pheww!!!! That's a total of 11 times a day!! That's because each session, i only get 2-3oz..kesian kan????? Nak buat camne...dah nasib badan....

But today is only my first day of trying this new schedule....InsyaAllah with hard work and perseverance, soon my milk supply will increase..Ya Allah, give me the strength and patience to do this..and god health,of course. Kalau dah sakit macam mana nak bangun pumping, ye tak? Amin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment